Monday, November 11, 2013
Here are a few updates regarding programming, membership, and our next meeting. As always, feel free to send us an email if you have any questions!
1. DUES- NAMI membership dues ($10) must be turned in to our treasurer, Kyle Davis, by Thursday, November 14th in order to be considered an active NAMI member. If you have not paid your dues yet, you ned to email Kyle at email@example.com to set up a time to turn them into him. Alternately, you can turn in your dues to Sarah Berkey in LA1101 during her office hours on Monday from 8:30-3:30. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you are coming. Dues will be collected once each semester and include membership to the national NAMI organization.
2. FOOD DRIVE- Our chapter of NAMI will be hosting a food drive the week of November 18- 22nd. We need your help to promote this drive, ask for contributions and donate! Please click the events tab for more details. Collection points will be located in the administration building, College of Liberal Arts, Union, General Services Building, West Village Commons, and Cook Library. All items will be donated to the Maryland Food Bank.
3. SURVIVORS OF SUICIDE DAY- Every year survivors of suicide loss gather together in locations around the world to feel a sense of community, promote healing, and connect with others who have had similar experiences On Saturday, November 23rd the Counseling Center and Active Minds will host a movie screening of Our Need for Consolation followed by a discussion. Please join and look out for more information.
4. NEXT MEETING- The next NAMI member meeting will be held on Wednesday, November 20th at 2:30 PM. Save the date! More details to follow.
5. PANEL DISCUSSION- Join us Thursday, December 5th from 7-9 PM in LA1201 for a panel discussion focusing on dispelling myths about living with mental illness and information on the recovery process. Panelists include Danna Thomas, Miss. Baltimore and other individuals who will share their personal stories dealing with mental illness. A question and answer session will follow.